Waterloo has specific agreements for graduates of the Recreation Therapy and Social Service Worker Diploma programs, but more than 90% of our transfer students come from outside of specific agreements. Explore our programs, review the admission requirements, and learn how to apply.
Wondering if your college courses can be used to satisfy a 12U pre-requisite for admission? Contact us for further details.
Waterloo’s robust transfer credit policy means that for most programs we can award up to 10.0 units of transfer credit (equivalent to 2 years of full-time study or 20 courses). To earn a Waterloo degree, you must meet residency requirements, which is normally 50% of the degree and degree requirements. Some programs may limit the number of credits awarded due to program structure or external accreditation. Details can be found as you review the admission requirements for your program.
Although transfer credits are assessed after you receive an offer, you can get an unofficial idea of your transfer credits by using the ONTransfer course-to-course database. We may need you to submit the syllabus for some or all of your courses, so it’s a good idea to have them ready.
About University of Waterloo
Waterloo goes beyond the classroom, to a place where experience is the teacher. Beyond problems to solutions that address social, technical and economic needs. Beyond the laboratory, to the research that propels industries, organizations and society.
Waterloo is at the forefront of innovation and is home to transformational research and inspired learning.
Located in the heart of Canada's technology hub, our incredible people and partners take us beyond the lives we're living today, to find solutions to the global challenges that lie ahead. Creating change that goes beyond the status quo and is felt around the world.
- Mid-size university with approximately 41,000 students (full-time and part-time combined) at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Over 100 undergraduate programs organized across 6 faculties and 12 faculty-based schools
- Among the world’s top 25 universities for graduate employability
- Many programs require an average of 75% and can award up to 10.0 units of transfer credit (50% of your Waterloo degree)
- Transfer credits are assessed after you have received an Offer of Admission; no additional fee is required for your assessment.
- Domestic Viewbook (PDF)
- International Viewbook (PDF)
- Transfer guide (PDF)
- Download Program/Faculty Brochures
- Main Transfer Page (from here, you can navigate to find admission requirements, transfer credit policies, etc.)
- Admission requirements
- UWaterloo Virtual Campus Tour
- Transfer Webinars and other event info
- Ontransfer.ca course-to-course transfer database