Queen’s University’s BTech online program in Mining Engineering Technology is a diploma-to-degree program for engineering technologists who want to take their careers to the next level. It combines technical expertise with the managerial and problem-solving skills the industry needs from the next generation of mining professionals, in a flexible learning format.
BTech’s online format is primarily designed for part-time study, letting you pursue your educational goals while working. Completion of the program with a typical (part-time) course load takes roughly four years. Taking on a heavier course load can accelerate degree completion.
The mining industry is facing a retirement crisis that is only set to worsen over the next decade. With the most experienced part of the mining workforce leaving, new opportunities are opening up for the next generation of mining professionals. A BTech in Mining Engineering Technology prepares you for those opportunities.
About Queen's University
- Established 1893: one of the oldest and largest mining programs in the English speaking world.
- Queen’s Mining graduates account for ~25% of all Mining Engineers in Canada.
- Consistently ranked in the Top 10 worldwide in the QS World University Subject Rankings.
- A Global Network- built on a strong sense of community
- Reputation for outstanding students and graduates.
- A close-knit community – a caring environment for students.
- Loyal, supportive, and enthusiastic Alumni.
- Strong connections with industry.