Algonquin College will recognize previous post-secondary experience for course credit into our diploma, advanced diploma, and degree programs. Your previous academic experience could reduce your course load or reduce your overall completion time – bringing you closer to your goals. We have established pathways for advanced standing into a number of our programs:
- Bachelor of Building Science, Bridge to level 3
- Bachelor of Building Science, Bridge to level 5
- Bachelor of Early Learning and Community Development
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Interior Design
- Advertising and Marketing Communication Management
- Applied Museum Studies
- Child and Youth Care
- Professional Writing
In addition to these pre-determined pathways, Algonquin will also recognize previous academic experience towards other programs. To be eligible to follow a pre-determined pathway or to request a credit assessment students must have passed their courses with a minimum grade of 63%, C, within the last 5 years. Note that general education electives, some communications and math courses, and other courses at the discretion of the academic area are not subject to the five year guideline.
About Algonquin College
Algonquin College turns your ambition into reality. Those aren’t just words. We’re leading the way in personalized and experiential learning; anticipating future needs and connecting you with people who are changing communities, countries, and the world.
With more than 300 programs across four campuses — Ottawa, Pembroke, Perth, and Online — we offer a range of options to help you learn and grow. Here and now.
- Largest polytechnic institute in Eastern Ontario with options at the degree, diploma, certificate and graduate certificate levels.
- 300+ programs across four campuses (Ottawa, Pembroke, Perth and Online)
- 18,000+ full-time and 45,000+ part-time on campus and online
- 1,000+ students involved in Co-operative Education every year
- #1 in online enrolment among Canadian colleges
Get in touch